Data Recovery Advice
Do's & Dont's.
If you ever experience a data loss situation, you should always follow the following rules.
- Shut down the system.
- Never attempt to recover the data yourself using off the shelf software.
- Always take a clone of the failed media before attempting to recover any data yourself only if you are sure there is no physical problems with the media. This should only be undertaken of cases of deleted files.
- Always employ the services of a data recovery professional to recover critical data.
- Always employ the services of a data recovery professional which has class 100 clean facilities.
- NEVER use data recovery software on a hard drive with symptoms of a mechanical failure.
- NEVER recover data to the same physical hard drive.
- NEVER Rattle, Bang, or Squeeze the hard drive.
- NEVER OPEN A HARD DRIVE.
- NEVER Change the PCB of a hard drive.
- NEVER let a colleague or friend convince you they know how to perform data recovery.
Data Recovery is a specialist industry with specialist knowledge required, this knowledge is only obtained through years of experience, it is not freely available in books or the internet.
Call Us or Submit a Case Online.